Don and I love this time of year here in WA. They have blackberries and blueberries growing wild all over the place! Don has been asking me to make blackberry jam all year, so I decided to make him the happiest guy in the world! :) We have been able to pick so much! We've been taking the kids for a walk about everyday so that we can pick more berries. The options are endless with what you can do with them....below are some of the things we did!
We did Strawberry shortcake with the blackberries....yummy!!!
Blackberry ice cream topping...the picture doesn't do it justice. Don says its his new favorite ice cream flavor. And it's super easy to make!
We've decided to freeze some for winter use...
We have a special spot we pick blackberries...the berries there are so big and so juicy. Those berries were used for our blackberry jam! The jam turned out really well.
And of course, as we pick Jackson fills himself to the brim with all the berries! :)
July
10 years ago





Yummm!! Looks good. I love blackberries because I think they're so pretty.
ReplyDelete