Saturday, September 18

Canning

I felt very productive today! I got 14 pints of peach jam done, and 14 quarts of canned peaches, they turned out amazing! The peach jam recipe that I used is so delicious! I have attached the recipe below if anyone is interested! Enjoy! :)


Delicious Peach Jam

5-6 cups finely cut peaches (blanched)

1/2 cup orange juice (not concentrated)

5 cups sugar

1 small bottle of maraschino cherries (drained and chopped)

1 3 oz. pkg orange jello

Combine peaches, orange juice, and sugar and boil for 15 minutes. Add cherries, cook an additional 10 minutes. Stir in jello. Pour in jars and process for 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Looks Delish! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember the days when I only had to do 14 quarts of peaches to feed Greg and I for the year. I just finished 77 quarts of peaches (that doesn't include jam, pie filling and just peaches in the freezer)this week and there's still pears and apples to do. It always makes me feel self-sufficient. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I did peaches today! A lot! I made some yummy freezer jam too! Your jam looks and sounds way yummy!! Wish I would have seen it before!! Isn't canning so much fun? Oh also about putting music on the blog go to the bottom of mine, and you can click on the music player and make your own list to put on your blog! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete